Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Talking Back Consequences!

Well we have had a whirl wind of a week and it's only Wednesday! Sophia is about to be 3yrs old on Feb 2nd and we've had so much talking back it's frustrating.

We have house rules that we ALL must follow and Sophia wasn't taking them seriously. We told her that the house was not happy with the way that she was talking back and not using nice words to talk to mommy and daddy so the house has taken away her toys until she learns to use her words.

While my husband/Mike was giving Sophia a bath I got to work and moved all of her toys out of her room and closet. I only left her bookshelf of books. Mike was telling Sophia a story in the bath (like normal) about a little girl who was not using her words and her house was not happy about it and put her toys away. You should have seen her face when she got out of the bath and found her room empty!

Her first question was how could the house take all of my toys and Mommy how do I get my stuff back? I said that the house has been listening to her talk to mommy and daddy and was not very happy, so he decided to put her toys away until she used better words to talk to mommy and daddy.

We shall see how this turns out. I'll keep you posted!
Signed a sad/disappointed Mommy and Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME!!!!! I hope it works for y'all!!!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete